Current info on baby making

I was reading your replies to questions about HIV pos/neg peoples remaining HIV free and having HIV free babies. I noticed the last response was from 2006 and was wondering if the info still remained true. My husband and I haven't been able to conceive and I was contemplating asking my brother in law who is HIV pos to be a donator.

Thank you for the info if was very informative!!!

The Great news is this does remain true and in fact the numbers have even gotten better since then as well as the medications that mom's are on during the pregnancy. As for the sperm donation, there is a procedure called sperm washing that the donor sperm can go through that would clean HIV from the sperm. I would definitely have your brother in law speak to his Health Care Provider about his HIV status and thoughts on the procedure. Questions to ask are what medications he is on, what his viral load and CD4 count are and if there are any other STD's present. Sperm washing is becoming a viable option with sero different couples or magnetic couples (one being positive and the other negative) wanting to conceive a child and start a family. However, there is no 100% guarantee that the virus is eliminated in motile sperm. Also the last I heard of this it is not an inexpensive route.

In kindness, Shannon

My condom went up halfway and my penis wasnt fully erected ps, my question yesterday wasnt detailed enough
virgin guy and poz