chronic mild throat irritation hiv sign? (from oral msm)

is a chronic mild irritated throat that sometimes causes dry cough a reason to have a repeat hiv test?

had a negative 4th gen duo at 6 weeks, was told not to return for a 3 month re-test as there was categorically no need.

but i have had this mild irritated throat for nearly 2 and half months! my doctor put it down to allergies and i am on antihistamine meds, but i still think that allergies aren't causing it. the meds help temporarily but the irritated dry feeling is still there. could it be i obtained HIV from a one minute blowjob without ejaculation?

I know you advocate the 3 month test as standard for even oral exposure but my sexual health advisor who is part of clinic specialising in HIV in the uk did not advise for a repeat 3 month test. is she wrong to do this, seeing as the GOLDEN is the 3 month test? she said the testing guidelines are changing in the uk anyway to 6 week conclusive with a 4th gen being definitive.

From what you have stated your HIV test is negative. In the US you can get a rapid HIV tests, both oral swab and blood are very accurate at 28 days and conclusive at 90 days. Every country has their own sets of standards, but all say that at 90 days out (from the day of exposure) are conclusive. The likelihood of getting HIV from oral sex is one of the least risky ways of getting HIV, that's not a guarantee. I would say if the medication for the allergies helped then it is what your doctor has diagnosed as allergies. I would recommend that you go back for the 3 month HIV test to get your conclusive result of your status.

In kindness, Shannon

Lesbian Sex and HIV
My condom went up halfway and my penis wasnt fully erected ps, my question yesterday wasnt detailed enough