hiv from possible blood in shower and gym locker key

I am very nervous about my possible exposure. I was at the gym, going for shower with no shoes on when i noticed a large quantity of red stuff on the floor which looked like blood. Im not sure if i stood in it but im pretty sure i didnt and i am pretty sure i dont have any cuts on my feet jyst dry skin.

I later pricked my self on the safety pin attached to my locker key.

Can u please advise me on possible risk! Do i need a test?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside the body. Even if this blood was in a warm, moist area like the steam room, it would be unlikely that it would be unable to infect you. Furthermore, you had no cuts or abrasions on your feet, so there was no way for the virus to enter your bloodstream, even if it was present.

Bottom line: Don't worry

In health,

Anxiety ridden over handie
Cut myself at an Adult Bookstore