|HIV from stepping on glass?
Dec 29, 2011
I recently stepped on glass and got cut on my foot. I was concerned about contracting HIV because of it. What is my risk?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
HIV does not live well outside of the body. Even if there was blood, semen, vaginal secretions or breast milk on the broken glass, it would not have been able to infect you. You were not at risk for HIV in this situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- When Will A Male Have Chlamydia Symptoms?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Can You Do To Clear Hpv?
- Can Vinegar Cure For Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.