|HIV from stepping on glass?
Dec 29, 2011
I recently stepped on glass and got cut on my foot. I was concerned about contracting HIV because of it. What is my risk?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
HIV does not live well outside of the body. Even if there was blood, semen, vaginal secretions or breast milk on the broken glass, it would not have been able to infect you. You were not at risk for HIV in this situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Ibuprofen Help With Pain Due To Neuropathy?
- How Soon After Std Hiv Exposure Does A Rash Appear?
- If You Have Trichomoniasis Is That Hiv?
- How Will The Doctor Contact Me If I Test Positive For Hiv?
- Getting A Visa And Hiv
- Can A Man Live With Hiv Woman Straight Sex For Long Without Contacted Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.