Need some guidance
Dec 28, 2011
I had sex with CSW in India on OCT 16th. This was my first ever sexual intercourse. I used a condom and it failed in the mid way. I don't know her status but after constant probing she still states she doesn't have HIV. After a week after the incident I have had sore throat and I have visited and ENT. He diagonised that my tonsils have swollen and prescribed antibiotics. I also developed few pimple like bumps on my back and shoulders every now and then which come and go. I have taken following tests for HIV:
1. PCR DNA and TRIDOT (ELISA antibody screening test) after 27 days where both negative. 2. TRIDOT antibody test after 56 days negative.
Although my doctor suggested that I am negative and don't require further testing I am extremely scared. Now it is 11 weeks and I am waiting for the three month mark to test. Kindly suggest my further course of action.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Most people can get an accurate test result at 25 days, with a conclusive result at the 90 day mark. I would go ahead with your final three month test. I expect it to be negative. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Lipodystrophy Of Arms
- What Can I Do To Lose Weight Gain Caused By Hiv Medication?
- Physical Exam And Hiv Test For Life Insurance
- Percentage Of American Heterosexual Hiv Infection
- How Does Hiv Affect The Male Reproductive System?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.