|Need info on testing / please answer
Dec 28, 2011
(1) Is Oraquick rapid oral fluid HIV test and second or third generation test.
(2) Can I consider my rapid oral fluid HIV test 117 day post exposure conclusive? Incident was broken condom sex with a HIV positive female.
(3) Do I need testing at six months since I had a high risk exposure?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
1. See Dr. Bob's answer here.
2. 90 days is conclusive
3. Since you had a known exposure to someone with HIV, you could go for a test at six months, just to be on the conservative side.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared To Get Tested
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.