|VIRUS SURVIVAL OUTSIDE OF BODY ....PLS HELP VERY SCARED !!!1
Dec 27, 2011
How long does the hep C and HIV virus live outside the human body? Also if you had your hep A and B shots as a child are you at risk of contracting it as an adult?
VERY SCARED ! PLEASE HELP
| Response from Mr. Cordova
The Hepatitis C virus can survive outside the body at room temperature, on environmental surfaces, for at least 16 hours but no longer than 4 days. The Hepatitis A/B vaccine is proven to last at least 10 years and is estimated to last 21 to 27 years if the full course is administered. At some point a booster shot may be needed.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does The AIDS Virus Live Outside The Body?
- How Long Does HIV Virus Survive Outside The Body?
- How Long Does The Virus Survive Outside Of The Body?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live Outside The Body?
- Should I Take Creatine Supplement While Having Hep C?
- Can A Urinary Tract Infection Cause False Positive Hiv Screening?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.