Baby 1 Year Old Chance Of HIV?

I have a baby girl who is 1 years old and I'm dying with guilt and stress of possibly infecting her with HIV.

About 2 weeks ago, I went on a business trip to China and I had vaginal sex with a "hostess". At the end of our session, she became really dry and we had to use lubricant. After I finished, I realized the condom had broke for the last 5 minutes.

I'm afraid because she was dry at the end when the condom broke that we could have tore her lining which would make a possible infection easier. Also, she is high risk because she is a "hostess".

About a week after my incident, I started getting flu like symptoms (fever within 5 days, fatigue within 3 days, cough within 3 days, muscle ache within 5 days, lost of appetite within 5 days, and diarrhea within 14 days,) and now I'm stressing that I might have contracted HIV from the "hostess".

Before these symptoms occurred, I had unprotected sex with my wife last week once. She is breast feeding my baby girl.

I'm really worried because from what I read, the initial period of infection is the most contagious which means I could easily have passed a potential life threatening disease to my wife and my baby girl.

My questions would be: 1 - What are the chances that I gotten HIV from the "hostess" and then transferred to my wife who then transferred it to my baby girl through breastfeeding?

2 - How long can a 1 year old possibly live if she is infected and we start treatment ASAP?

3 What treatments are available for a 1 year old for HIV?

4 Can she grow up to live a normal life ever because of HIV?

I'm going for testing in 2 days (16 days after the incident) but I've been stressing out dearly because of this and I would appreciate any advice or answers.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

1. There is no way to tell, "what your chances were". Only a test will you be able to tell you whether or not transmission has occurred.

2. As long as a one year-old without HIV.

3. Here is some information on treatment in children.

4. Yes she can.

Most people will show up positive at the 25 day mark, but you must wait till the 90 day for a conclusive result. In addition you may have exposed yourself to other STD's. I would recommend a full STD screening to be certain.

In heath, Richard

Protected sex and still worried!
AIDS on doors