about cuthelp me!

Dear Richard: i have several questions about HIV and test. Please help me.I am really worry about the risk of infection. 1. 3 weeks ago i went to a bar and intercoursed with a prostitute. I inserted

one of my fingers into her vagina for about five or eight seconds. One day

later,i suddenly found that there was a cut at the ROOT of the nail. I dont kown how to name the cut,hangnail or cuticle? The cut looked red. It

definitely had bleed beforebut not that night. So,am i in the risk of infect¿

2.When we make love, i wear a condom. I noticed that the sperm did not leaked

out when finishedbut i am not sure whether it had broken or not. Because i

niticed that there were so much oil on the condom that it even droped down a

little! I was worried about that the oil may fragiled the condom. Is there any possibility¿

3.I tested by myself using Alere determine test paper after 3 weeks. The

result is negative. I dont kown whether the result is useful or not after only

3 weeks.

4.I kown, in some coutry,people test HIV using 4th generation ELISA. But in my coutry,we use 3rd generation ELISA in hospital. So,i want to kown what is the difference of the window period¿ I dont kown which one should i choose,Alere determine test paper or 3rd ELISA. which one is more accuracy? 6weeks is enough or not? I think i cant hold until 6weeks. It really boring me. I feel so guilty to my girlfriend. please help me¡ thanks sincerely.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. Just because your finger had a cut on it, does not mean that HIV could get into your bloodstream. As for the condom, it is true, oil can degrade the condom, but as long as it didn't break, you were OK. You would have known if it had broken. Condoms are made to bust when they break, so that you know it has broken. In the future, use water-based or silicone lube.

The testing window for either tests is the same. Most people will show up positive at the 25 day mark, but you must wait 90 days for a conclusive negative result. I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Incubation period for Syphilis
would like to confirm facts as the wiki and forums seem to be an unreliable source