Was I at risk?
Dec 22, 2011
First of all, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you for your time and all your effort in helping us get educated more and more about HIV. I had some questions and need your answers.
1. Are HIV test results from foreign countries valid in the US as long as they're recent and you haven't had any additional sexual encounters after the most recent test?
2. How common is it to test false-negative for HIV when you have a cold or after a recent vaccination? (e.g. flu, hepatitis B, etc.)
3. About six months ago, I gave and received blowjobs from another male. I think I might've swallowed a little bit of his urine drops. We both tested negative for HIV and STDs exactly a week after the event. He may have been seroconverting even during and after the test because I know he had been sleeping around with random guys online. I've pretty touch lost touch with him since the test. Do you think it's necessary for me to re-test for HIV and STDs?
Response from Mr. Cordova
1. They are just as valid.
2. This would not affect your test results.
3. Oral sex remains a very low risk for HIV. That being said, you tested to soon to get accurate result. In my opinion, you risk was to low to warrant an additional test.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.