From: The King of Jackasses

Hi Richard,

Here goes my story. I performed (somewhat, though not exactly)oral on my girl friend (a kiss for a 2- 3 sec duration) on her crotch area (not near the vaginal orifice, but somewhere near the clit - she was standing, I was kneeling so whatever was exposed, you could figure out). This happened two and a half years ago in 2009, and we have also broken up, not together anymore.

Now the deal is this. We had been together for almost 9 months till that time. And broke up after another month of being together. My HIV anxieties have been put to rest by a test which I took after a period of five months (148 days to be precise, good enough I suppose?).

What I wanted to know, Richard, and I trust you the most on this, is this:

Since now it has been 2 and a half years to the incident and I am largely fine (but for a few rare occasional rashes, which go away by the use of regular ointments/creams) and given the fact that I am still a virgin and my penis has never ever come in contact with the genitals of any other person, should I confidently rule out the possibility of having contracted any STD from that encounter and move on? I know it is a very silly question and I probably know the answer, but I need to hear it from you Richard. And it will be a great reassurance for me and will help me to move on with my life normally. I feel I am stuck in the past. Will be extremely grateful for your help.

Regards, The King of Jackasses

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

A three month test is conclusive. You are negative for HIV. In regards to other STD's: It would have been possible to come in contact with Syphilis or Herpes since both are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. However, the duration of the contact would suggest that transmission would not have occurred.

Bottom line: Don't worry. Be happy.

In health, Richard

p.s. Nothing from the situation you described makes me think you are a jackass. Go easy on yourself!

Does HIV spread by touching a sex toy
Risk from oral sex