Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dec 22, 2011

Hi Richard,

Here goes my story. I performed (somewhat, though not exactly)oral on my girl friend (a kiss for a 2- 3 sec duration) on her crotch area (not near the vaginal orifice, but somewhere near the clit - she was standing, I was kneeling so whatever was exposed, you could figure out). This happened two and a half years ago in 2009, and we have also broken up, not together anymore.

Now the deal is this. We had been together for almost 9 months till that time. And broke up after another month of being together. My HIV anxieties have been put to rest by a test which I took after a period of five months (148 days to be precise, good enough I suppose?).

What I wanted to know, Richard, and I trust you the most on this, is this:

Since now it has been 2 and a half years to the incident and I am largely fine (but for a few rare occasional rashes, which go away by the use of regular ointments/creams) and given the fact that I am still a virgin and my penis has never ever come in contact with the genitals of any other person, should I confidently rule out the possibility of having contracted any STD from that encounter and move on? I know it is a very silly question and I probably know the answer, but I need to hear it from you Richard. And it will be a great reassurance for me and will help me to move on with my life normally. I feel I am stuck in the past. Will be extremely grateful for your help.

Regards, The King of Jackasses

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

A three month test is conclusive. You are negative for HIV. In regards to other STD's: It would have been possible to come in contact with Syphilis or Herpes since both are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. However, the duration of the contact would suggest that transmission would not have occurred.

Bottom line: Don't worry. Be happy.

In health, Richard

p.s. Nothing from the situation you described makes me think you are a jackass. Go easy on yourself!

Previous
Does HIV spread by touching a sex toy
Next
Risk from oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.