Happy Holidays: From me to you

Hi Everyone!

This is Richard, the Safe Sex and HIV Prevention forum expert here on TheBody.com. I wanted to thank you all for letting me be a part of this forum. Also, to wish all of you the warmest of Season's Greetings and for a prosperous & healthy 2012.

In the spirit of giving, I'd like to put together a list of HIV 101 tips for you. This list isn't all encompassing, but it's a good start.

Get tested regularly for all STD's. Knowledge is power. The more you know, the better off you will be.

Print this page out. Share it with friends & family, refer to it when you need to. The information will not change, I promise.

In health and happiness,

Richard

Response from Mr. Cordova

1. HIV is only transmitted through four bodily fluids: Blood, Semen, Breast Milk, and Vaginal Secretions.

2. You cannot catch HIV from casual contact. This includes: Kissing, doorknobs, sharing utensils, drinking from the same glass, and mosquitoes.

3. At 25 days, most people will show up positive on an antibody test.

4. You must wait three months or 90 days for a conclusive antibody test.

5. HIV does not live well outside of the body. Within a minutes time, it starts to die.

6. Being diagnosed with HIV is not a death sentence.

7. Using a condom from start to finish during penetrative sex, is the best way to protect yourself from HIV.

8. Oral sex is considered a low-risk for HIV.

9. If you are negative, you can still have safe, passionate, and fun sex with someone who is positive.

10. You cannot give yourself HIV.

11. You are not the rare case, I promise.

Door knobs
Does HIV spread by touching a sex toy