Real risk?

I had a worker in my home (HIV status unknown) who cut himself. I was cleaning up the spot of blood with a paper towel that had windex on it, when I felt it sting a crack in my finger that I get in cold weather. I am not sure if the blood seeped through the windex or not. What is my risk of exposure? I am currently breastfeeding a child and am also very concerned about potentially exposing my baby.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be to concerned. HIV does not live well outside the body and would not be able to jump through the paper towel. In the future, you could certainly handle other people's bodily fluids with gloves, just to be safe!

Blood does not cause a sting, Windex does. It's most likely what you felt was the Windex getting onto your hand, not their blood.

Bottom line: I would not be worried!

In health, Richard

is my mind playing tricks?
is it possible to get hiv after condom protected oral? please, please sir, answer me