Just the tip

The other night I was playing with this guy who I've been dating for two weeks. We wanted to see if (stupidly) I could bottom (I've never done it before). He licked his cock and then put it in me. I hopped off of it. There was no condom. It lasted for maybe 5-10 seconds.

He said he has been tested, hasn't had any new partners since and is negative. I'm also negative. What are the potential risks, number wise for HIV, if he was positive for that brief encounter?

I'm never doing that again.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Due to the length of time that he was inside of you, it's unlikely that an infection would have occurred. Recent studies show the risk for receptive anal intercourse to run between 143 and 170 per 10,000 acts. Again, the limited amount of time that he was inside of you would greatly reduce this number. You could wait until your next regularly scheduled test, or get tested at the three month mark just to be safe.

Bottom line: Condoms remain the best way to protect yourself from HIV during penetrative sex.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

May I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend?
Do most people with HIV have other stds