May I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend?
Dec 20, 2011
I tested for HIV Ab/Ag Abbott Architect after 13 weeks(92 days)and it was negative. I'm still worried about HIV and the possibility of transmission to my girlfriend. May I have unprotected sex with her or do I need testing at 6 months?
Thank you any help
Response from Mr. Cordova
A 12 week test is conclusive. If the two of you are in a monogamous relationship, you could safely have unprotected sex.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Doctors Test Pregnant Women For Hiv?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Endoscopy Hiv Hepatitis Scare
- How Long Does It Take To Feel The Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Pedicure?
- Can People With Hiv Work Out And Lift Weights?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.