HIV from casual contact

Hi Richard. The new guy at my job has hiv...this makes me very nervous as I already have been suffering from the fear of contracting hiv from casual contact for 5 years now...can you please reassure me that there is no risk as to working with him. Sometimes he gets scratches on his hands from his cats. What if he opened the door with that hand and a few seconds later I touch the same door with a cut or right after eat with my hands...please help I wash my hands so much that they crack all the time...should I forget he has it and just live my life without worring about catching it from him. This is taking over my life I'm scared I will lose my job. Also when doctors say that hiv cannot survive well in the environment does that mean seconds minutes or hours...I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

As long as the casual remains contact, there is no risk. If you have been living with this fear for five years, than I would suggest seeing a therapist or counselor. They can be helpful for people who experience anxiety like this.

Bottom line: You are not at risk from this situation. Seeking mental health services will hopefully be able to provide you the relief you are seeking.

In health, Richard

PLEASE HELP
Broken condom with positive partner