The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One more time please... I know I'm rare case!

Dec 16, 2011

Hello, I need your help. I have ongoing symptoms that are so severe with extreme sore throat and excessive dry mouth, swollen lymph nodes ect.. I have been tested 7 times for antibodies out to almost 9 months now. My CBC is all off lymph % at 13.7 and I'm extreamly worried that I'm a rare case. Are you not answering cause you know I could be infected ? What do I do? Do I have full blown aids and test negative? I can't take this any longer

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

This forum receives thousands of emails every month and it is impossible for me to answer every single one of them. That is why I have not answered before.

You said that you "know you are a rare case". Unfortunately, all I can work from, are things that we know. If you have some unknown case of HIV that the medical community doesn't know about, there is nothing that anyone can do. However, I do not believe that this is the case.

My honest opinion is that a standard HIV test will tell you what your true HIV status is. If you cannot trust the validity of the test and continue to experience anxiety, it should be addressed by a qualified mental health professional. Talking with a counselor or therapist can be helpful in dealing with anxiety like this. I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Cut client's ear and blood touched my skin
Canker sore oral sex on HIV positive woman how big of a risk?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint