|Cut client's ear and blood touched my skin
Dec 16, 2011
I am a hairdresser. I nicked my client's ear with the clippers and it started bleeding. Some of the blood got on my finger. I immediately washed my hands with soap and water. Would there be any risk of contracting HIV from this incident. (The client looked a little sketchy. He was from some kind of halfway house or something.)
| Response from Mr. Cordova
I would not be concerned. You would have needed an open bleeding wound on your hand for this to be even a remote risk.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Skin?
- Muscle Ache Sign Of Seroconversion
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.