Syphilis reinfection while under pennicilin treatment
Dec 16, 2011
My partner and I have just received our first pennicilin shot as part of our treatment to get cured from syphilis. How long do we need to wait before we can have sex again? Do we run the risk to reinfect each other while under the effects on pennicilin?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. Reinfection is certainly possible. You most certainly need to wait until the Syphilis sores, or chancres, have healed. If you are not sure where those were located, I would wait 7 to 10 days, to be safe.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Cases With Condom Use
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Doctor I Should Go To For Herpes?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.