Hiv Window Period

I see that a lot of posts state that 3 months is the window period. The CDC states some people will develop anti bodys after 3 months. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/testing/resources/qa/index.htm ' that page was published in april of 2010 so it is not that old.

I am looking for some answers.. On July 17 2011 my wife and I had an encouner with another lady. I have had a 4.5 neg hiv test and all stds, but yet i have had to have my tonsils removed and i have candida in my mouth and bumps on the top of my penis

My wife also has simular issues My wife tested neg for hiv at 3 months Is it possible that this is hiv

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in.

The CDC's guidelines are very conservative. You can trust the accuracy of a three month test. I would not recommend further testing for this encounter. However, if your symptoms persist, you should consider seeing your physician to rule out other possible causes. I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Cancer Anal canal
Kissing penis when It is covered by underpant