Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How AT RISK was I tonight ?
Dec 9, 2011

I met a guy whom I've talked with before. He says that he is always safe and there is not risk of contracting anything from him.

During our encounter, he attempted to penetrate me anally. It was slightly unsuccessful, with the most he got in was the head of his penis. I'm concerned because he pre cums a slight bit and while he was not inside for very long, he was still slightly inside.

Based upon this information and the way in which HIV is transmitted, what is the urgency to meet with a healthcare professional to start a PEP regimen within the next 72 hours?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Anytime someone penetrates you without a barrier, there is a risk. Given the short amount of time he was inside of you, and the fact that it was a one time situation, I would not be too concerned, but you may want to get the opinion of your own physician.

In the future, be sure to protect yourself by making sure that all partners use condoms before penetrating you. In addition, you will want to have a three month test, just to be safe. I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Previous
Cousin who self harms
Next
A question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.