How AT RISK was I tonight ?

I met a guy whom I've talked with before. He says that he is always safe and there is not risk of contracting anything from him.

During our encounter, he attempted to penetrate me anally. It was slightly unsuccessful, with the most he got in was the head of his penis. I'm concerned because he pre cums a slight bit and while he was not inside for very long, he was still slightly inside.

Based upon this information and the way in which HIV is transmitted, what is the urgency to meet with a healthcare professional to start a PEP regimen within the next 72 hours?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Anytime someone penetrates you without a barrier, there is a risk. Given the short amount of time he was inside of you, and the fact that it was a one time situation, I would not be too concerned, but you may want to get the opinion of your own physician.

In the future, be sure to protect yourself by making sure that all partners use condoms before penetrating you. In addition, you will want to have a three month test, just to be safe. I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Cousin who self harms
A question