|Cousin who self harms
Dec 9, 2011
I wrote to you a few times and didn't get a reply so I'm trying again. Sorry,
I don't know if you read my last question or not but I was the one who thought I got HIV from a staple, after going to a few doctors who thought I was crazy I understand I had to risk. However I'm still having symptoms and I think I figured out how I might of got HIV
I got sideways cut on my toe from glass , the cut didn't bleed long but the cut was long in length. I live with a cousin who self harms (cuts himself) and most on the time he doesn't clean it up because he's on his way back to the hospital, I'm thinking maybe I walked in his blood since he doesn't clean it up and most of the time it's alot of blood. I don't know his status. After this I think I got a sore throat and swollen salivary glands and that's the reason I think I got HIV if it wasn't for a sore throat or swollen glands I'd be ok. Here are my questions and please answer
1. If I did walk in his blood can I only become infected if it's a fresh cut and if so what is a fresh cut? 2. Can I have a sore throat for a month and swollen glands and not be infected with HIV or can? Can it just be a cold I'm getting over? 3. When doctors say HIV does not live well outside the body does it make a difference if there is a lot of blood? Would it take hours and hours for HIV to die off then? 4.I went to three hospitals asking for a RNA test and they said they won't do it , do you know why? Because I don't know when I walked in blood but my symptoms or driving me crazy so I don't even know when I would be able to take a 3 month test at the health dep., -sorry this is so long but I can't even sleep or do anything anymore and I would really be thankful to have my question answered
| Response from Mr. Cordova
1. See answer #3. This question is not valid
2. Yes and it is likely a cold
3. No. They are correct. The virus does not live well out side the body.
4.Probably because you have no risk from an incident like this.
Have you considered talking to a counselor or therapist? Repetative thoughts like these can be crippling; I would suggest seeking help if thoughts like these persist. Good luck
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Linked To Osteoarthritis
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.