Can you contract HIV from wearing someone elses dirty underwear
Dec 9, 2011
Can you catch HIV from someone elses dried stained (excretion/vaginal fluid)underwear if it touches your face (nose/mouth) or genital area (penis/testicles)? I have asked numeorus GU clinics who have said no but I have bad OCD and just want some advice please.
Response from Mr. Cordova
The answer is no. HIV cannot be transmitted this way. The virus does not live well outside the body, so even if there was HIV present, it would be unable to infect you.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Insertive Anal Sex Risk Of Getting HIV
- Could Runny Nose Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- HIV Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.