Can you contract HIV from wearing someone elses dirty underwear
Dec 9, 2011
Can you catch HIV from someone elses dried stained (excretion/vaginal fluid)underwear if it touches your face (nose/mouth) or genital area (penis/testicles)? I have asked numeorus GU clinics who have said no but I have bad OCD and just want some advice please.
Response from Mr. Cordova
The answer is no. HIV cannot be transmitted this way. The virus does not live well outside the body, so even if there was HIV present, it would be unable to infect you.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Mutual Masturbation Safe?
- Mutual Masturbation Scared To Death
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.