Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pl. help I am married and have fear of Hiv infection
Dec 7, 2011

on 2nd Sep'11 I had sex with a girl whose HIV status is unknown. She is highly sexually active and had sex with multiple males. I had protective sex. No oral sex. after sometime I asked her to masterbate me out side, she removed the Condom and thrown. Without washing hands she masterbated me and I ejaculated. I cleaned myself with a cloth and came home. After approx 25 min I washed my groin area with normal water. After 4 days I had sore throat and a mild fever. Doctor prescribed me Azithromycin for three days. I didn't feel good then doctor gave me Novoclox and DOLO 650 for 5 days. I felt sever fatigue and pain in my lower legs, chest muscles. I again visited doctor and he gave me a 8 days course of Cefpodoxime and clavulvanic acid, with levocitrizin for 20 days and loratadine for 30 days. Still I am feeling stressed and pain still persists. My mouth has become very sensitive and mild gingivitis occured to me which went off after dental cleaning. I am still taking some medications like calcim and vitamin tablets and loratadine and citrizine and dioxycarbmazapine. I tested for HIV after 15 days of my incedent report was -ve. then again i tested myself (after 35 days of my incident) for dengue, malaria and Hiv all again came -ve. But WBC were a little raised that came as 10,100 (normal range 6000-11000. I am now feeling slight pain in armpits and my groin area. I don't know whether it is due to lymph nodes swelling or something else. But I feel severe pain in lower legs, neck and body aches. I feel little shivering during night and morning still. Is it due to that I am HIV infected. I am worried and read to much on internet symptoms looks the same. But I am experiencing constipation and now a little increase in weight. I feel too much hungry. My appetite has gone very high. Pl. assist I am worried. Am I infected. I feel tired too much.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Because you used a condom (and it didn't break), you effectively protected yourself from HIV. When a person steps outside of the primary relationship, it's fairly common to experience high levels of anxiety because of their infidelity. Telling your spouse and working with a therapist are just two options available to you. You will have decide the best course of action in that regard.

If your pain continues, I would suggest another follow-up with your doctor. Be aware, high levels of anxiety have been known to cause phantom pain for many people.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Previous
milkyvwhite discharge
Next
Screw pierce into the body

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.