Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kiss incident follow up -
Dec 1, 2011

Thanks so much for you're reply, I wrote to you about the casual kiss. You have been so helpful, the way you answered those two questions was exactly stright to the point and what I needed. I do reconise it to be my OCD without a doubt and am coming to terms with that. I was even watching TV about something contamination related and started to get worried I would become infected from it????? It was the TV????? how could something come out of the TV??? I realised then I really needed to seek treatment for the OCD.

One last thing is that I have a question in regards to when I went to the hair salon. The hairdresser cut her finger when she was cutting my hair and she then went and put a Band-Aid on it I think right away, but dont know when she actually noticed she had cut her finger. I dont know if she sanitized the scissors or changed them or not. But it was a very reputable hair salon. I then remembered that she nicked me with the scissors but not sure if it was right after she cut her finger, I think it might have been. Although my nick she gave me didnt bleed I dont think, it just went red. So now I am worried that her blood went onto the scissors when she cut herself then into me when she nicked me with the scissors. Also worried when she cut herself that maybe blood squirted out and went into my eyes, ears, nose, mouth or some shaving cuts I had gotten that day or possibly some cuts on my scalp I couldnt see or somehow got into my eyes, ears, nose, mouth or some shaving cuts etc some other way or via the scissors. I never looked to see if there was any blood on me however afterwards though.

Again, my two questions for that would be

1) Do I need to get tested for HIV from the hairdresser event? (I know the TV one is a no)

2) Was I at risk of HIV from the hairdresser event?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

1. No

2. No

3. You should definitely seek help for your OCD

In health, Richard

Previous
Vagina as a carrier
Next
Medical Exposure to HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.