small amount of breast milk in adult
Nov 30, 2011
Exposed to a small amount of breast milk. Don't know if she has hiv. I have no sores/cuts and have healthy gums. Doesn't saliva kill hiv that may enter the mouth? Is my risk low? I have read there are no cases of this happening. Help?
Response from Mr. Cordova
It's highly unlikely that you were infected. Given the following facts:
1. The amount of breast milk was small.
2. We don't know her status.
3. Saliva will help kill HIV.
4. Your mouth was healthy. No cuts/sores/healthy gums
I would not be concerned and do not think you need to test for this incident. You can wait until your next regularly scheduled HIV test.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.