Can one get hiv infection when pt. urine exposure
Nov 28, 2011
I was exposed to the urine of a pt with hiv who has only been on med's 2 weeks, had a tear in my glove and his urine entered my cut in finger which was bleeding.Should I take hiv meds for a month I am negative.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. This incident posed NO RISK. There are only four fluids that are capable of transmitting the virus. They are:
1. Semen 2. Vaginal secretions 3. Blood 4. Breast Milk
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does The Hiv Virus Live On A Razor Blade?
- What Is The Average Life Span Of Someone Hiv Positive?
- Incubation Period Of Candidiasis
- Protected Sex With Hiv Positive Person
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- How Much Blood Is Taken Out When Hiv Tested?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.