transmission from training partner at gym
Nov 25, 2011
I recently started training with a friend at the gym. During the workout one our fingers ripped around the fingernail and ended up bleeding. It was not noticed until later. The blood ended up on the others hands which had some cuts on them from dry cracked skin. What are the chances of transmitting HIV this way if one of us were HIV+?
Response from Mr. Cordova
I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside the body. A situation like this would not transmit the virus.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.