condom broken

I was involved on an anal encounter with a guy. we used condom but it was broken, I didn't ejaculate inside him, but, I'm very nervous about HIV. Have I a severe risk to get HIV, it's very dangerous to pen

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Anytime the condom breaks, there is a risk. Luckily, you were the penetrative partner. That lowers the risk, but does not eliminate it.

Do you know the status of your partner? Has he been tested recently? A current negative status, a recent test, and no high-risk situations since his last test would mean that he is likely negative.

If you like, you may see your doctor and discuss the viability of taking Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP). PEP should be administered as soon as possible, and is no longer effective after 72 hours.

I hope this information helps.

In health, Richard

How long do HIV symptoms last?
Rude answer and polite question