Help! Mysterious substance and HIV transmission??
Nov 23, 2011
I am extremely worried right now. I was changing a garbage bag at work, and, as I pulled the plastic bag out of the bin, a clear, unidentified liquid spilled out over my hands. I was not wearing gloves, and think that I had a just-healing cut on the back of my hand.
Should I be worried? Should I be seeking testing for HIV?
Thanks so much!
Response from Mr. Cordova
No risk. HIV doesn't live well outside the body. No testing needed.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Interesting Facts About Chlamydia
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- What Are The Little White Bumps On My Penis? Not A Std?
- Can Hiv Survive In Toilet Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.