Am I Hiv positive?

I had sex with a women that I've known for a while. I knew that she wasn't sleeping around (or at lease i hope she wasn't) but I used a condom and after we were done having sex i realized that the condom was broken. A week later i started noticing small lacerations on the shaft of my penis and at the pelvic area. I started looking up other STD's and non seemed to match. I also had one on my forehead that started off as a pimple but got bigger as time went on. I also had one on my stomach and under my chin. I wasn't sure if i was making all these small lacerations worse by washing them with face wash and putting toothpaste on them every night to dry them out, but anyways i was feeling a little sick for the next few days but no fever maybe a scratchy throat at most from what I remember. Fast forward a few weeks later i was coughing up thick phlegm that looked like it had blood spots on it but my neighbor (apartment building) also had the same symptoms the week before so I just figured I had whatever virus he had so i ignored it. A month later from possible exposure i had a really sore throat but it was gone three days later. Ever since then my ears have been clogged and my throat has been very itchy and scratchy. I've also had a lot more mucus than usual and seem to be clearing my throat a lot. I've had these symptoms for over a month now. I sometimes feel fatigued but i think it's from all the anxiety I'm feeling. Oh and also i had weird stool for about two weeks and would always burp up weird gasses after eating eggs or eating too much chicken through out the week, I don't know if that has anything to do with ARS or not. I guess I also have a swollen lymph node in my neck right below my chin but when i went to the dr's the DR didnt seem too worried at all when she was checking my neck. Could it naturally just be bigger and it also feels smaller and firmer when i toch it with my mouth open. Is what I'm feeling really my lymph node or just a muscle in my neck?? I'm just really worried because i keep reading all these symptoms and waiting for a HIV test result would be so devastating...sorry for any incorrect spelling or grammar I'm just letting everything out...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You did incur a risk because the condom broke. However, none of the symptoms you described have me concerned about HIV. Tooth paste can indeed aggravate your skin, you likely had a cold, and it's either your lymph nodes or a muscle in your neck. You can get an initial HIV test at 25 days (most people will show up positive by then) and a final test at 90 days from the incident will be conclusive.

Bottom line: These symptoms have nothing to do with HIV; testing is the only way to see if an infection has occurred.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Help! Might have been poked by a needle or something?
Kids & HIV