Promiscous Trip

Hello, first of all congratulatios for such and easy and confortable page that support gay hiv communiti, im really impressed. Hope my question doesn't bother you doctor. It happenned that i went on a trip to south america and i really find latin men atractive so i couldnt help to had sex encounters with some of them. The trip lasted a month and i had sex encounters with 5 different guys. (Don't blame me, they're handsome). The fact is this: With two out of that 5 i just recieved oral sex, but unprotected. With the other 3, i had anal sex with me being the top (insertive) allways, and i used a condom (in 2 cases water lubricant) in everycase. I also did rimming to two of them and i suck 1 of them for like a minute, that oral sex was unprotected too. With one of them i did frottage by rubbing my dick in the outside of his anus, this unprotected but there wasnt any penetration, just placing my dick in his door.

Then i came back to my country and yesterday i noticed that i had like a lot of mosquito bites that i hadnt before and also i cleaned my anus afther the bathroom and there were tiny bits of blood! So i tought: HIV. And i got here. So now you know the story these are the questions:

1. How big is the rate of HIV infected gay men in Latin America? 2. Are latin american condoms good? Because i used them and apparently didnt broke, i didnt blew up them and anything but i dont think they had broken! (I am suppose to feel something in my dick when that happens?) Because i also used lube and i felt safe. 3. Why i had that kind of mosquito bites. (I know may be is a flea but... just asking if it could be hiv) And why i found very tiny blood from my anus when i cleaned myself after going to the bath? Are those synthoms of hiv acute infection? (Im one month after the first anal sex). 4. Does all this worth testing or im just being so paranoid?? I really used condom but i dont know if they were good!! 5. Would you forgive me for making such this freak question?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. To answer your questions...

1. Check out our fact sheets for more information on the prevalence of HIV/AIDS in Latin American

2. If it didn't break, you are fine.

3. Having occasional bleeding from your rectum after you go to the bathroom is pretty common and I would not be concerned. Mosquito's cannot transmit the virus, and I am sure the bites were simply mosquito bites.

4. You do not need to test for these incidences in particular. Since you used condoms for the penetrative sex, you are A-OK! No need to worry.

5. No worries!

In health, Richard

saddened to hear of Dr. Bob's passing...and a question
Can the western blott pick up all antibodies of all the HIV subtypes in the world