LAST SUBMISSION WRONG EMAIL! Rare HIV types

Hello, 14 months ago I had sex with a condom with a guy I barely knew 8 hours. Horrible lesson learned... The scary part of this is that after my drunken stupor, I awoke to remembering his telling me that 15 years prior, he lived in South Africa and worked as a manager of bar that had prostitution. Being under the influence, I very stupidly neglected to pay attention to his telling me this.

My concern is that even though I have been tested for standard HIV I and HIV II and for the presence of HIV antibodies, all with negative results, as late as post 14 months of this sexual incident, is there definitive testing that exists for the very rare strains of HIV not regularly tested for in the US? Having been a blood donor with the Red Cross for years, I became frightened reading on their website that reliable testing for Type O does not exist. I am scared to death of infecting my boyfriend or of having a baby, though I want to move on with my life! I have been seeing a therapist about my constant anxiety but really just want to know that science tells me I'm free of HIV in any form.

Do I just need to come to terms and learn to live with this anxiety, and not have a baby?

Thank you for your help.

I will pay any fees for testing. Anything is worth having peace of mind.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You said you used a condom. Since you used a condom, I would not be concerned. Whether you knew him for eight hours or eight years is irrelevant. Condoms make the difference, and you used one. No risk!

If you feel you need to test, there is a reliable test for subtype O. I have included some information here:Testing for Subtype O

In health, Richard

Oral risk - Test or Not?
Nipple foreplay and he bit too hard causing bleeding: HIV risk for me??