Oral risk - Test or Not?

Hi Dr, i am writing you from SA. Two weeks ago, we ended up @ the rugby and had a few girls join us that we didnt know. Cut a long story short, i ended up in the car with this girl, and went down on her for about a minute. as a rule, i try not to get fluids into my mouth, but this can be hard to do, i think i did get some fluid into my mouth, very little though. she returned the favour for about 30 seconds, and finished me off with a hand job. She wanted to go further, but i refused, as i didnt have a condom. Upon checking my mouth the next day for lessions, sores, cuts etc, i didnt find any. i do have a slight anxiety disorder, which led me the next day to text her and ask her what her hiv status was and when last she was tested. At first she was rather offended by the question, but after i explained that i felt i had the right to know since we engaged in a sexual act, and explained she could ask me the same, she answered the question. She said she was negative and was tested in march this year. But we all know that could also not be truthfull. She never asked me the same question, and wasnt concerned about the incident? Its 2 weeks now, and i dont have any symptoms that would suggest ARS, i know however alot of people dont get ARS.

This has been making me very anxious the last 2 weeks. i am contantly texting this girl to try and get more info about her so that i can get an idea of what her sexual behaviour is, but it only makes her more offended.

1.Do you think its neccessary to test, or am i being paranoid?

2.would u test if u were in my shoes?

3.Should i be concerned that she didnt have the slightest interest in knowing my HIV status, or would that be because she felt it was nothing to worry about?

SA is the HIV capital in the world, keeping in mind though, 82% if the population is Black, which is where the infections mainly occur. Nevertheless, it makes no difference to the route of transmission..

thanks for your time.

BW.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

To answer your questions....

1. No, the behavior you described is very low risk. I would not be concerned.

2.Nope. No way.

3.I can't say for sure why she isn't concerned. If I were her, it would be because I felt there was nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Alcoholism and test validity
LAST SUBMISSION WRONG EMAIL! Rare HIV types