|Alcoholism and test validity
Nov 16, 2011
Would alcoholism affect the validity of an HIV test taken after 90 days? Would drinking large amounts over a long period of time weaken the immune system to the point where antibody response would be delayed past that point? Thank you.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
No, alcoholism would not affect the validity of your test.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Scrotum?
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.