Further Testing Required??

Richard

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have had 5 negative tests. All tests have been 4th generation AB and AG tests. The tests have been at intervals of 20 months, 21 months, 22 months and finally my last test was in October of this year, 30 months since my potential exposure (unprotected vaginal) with a female of unknown status. After my 5th negative test, which was a rapid test, I went along to the GUM clinic, hoping they might test me using a NAAT/PCR. The GUM clinic refused to test me, advising I had been given too many tests.

The problem I have is the symptoms are not allowing me to get over this. A week after my exposure, I had major sore throat to the point were I could not swallow. Went to the doctors who diagnosed me with tonsilitis. I forgot about this when the tonosilitis went away. Then in December of last year, I had swollen lymph nodes in groin, and Jock Itch. This was when I went for my 1st negative test. I then went to the GUM clinic, who gave me a full STD screening. All results negative. I was hapy with this, and resumed sex with my wife. About 3 weeks later, she had a red flat rash across her face. With this, I became worried again. I had a further two tests in February and March, again both negative.

Since then I have tried to forget about this, but I cannot because of the symptoms. I have had oral thrush for the past 6 months which is not going away despite medication. I keep getting a rash beneath my foreskin, which flares up and then go's away after a couple of days. I have had further swollen nodes in my armpits, and finally one on my neck which will not go away. I have had further ringworm infections. The doctors have said all of this is possibly stress related..

Do you think further testing is required?

I am so worried, and this is now affecting my every day life.

If you could take the time to reply to this, I would be grateful

Best Regards

James

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, James:

Thanks for writing in. No further testing is required at this time. 90 days is considered conclusive. It is true, stress can cause many real or perceived symptoms. Does your wife know about this incident? Stepping outside the primary relationship can cause high levels of anxiety for many people, especially if they have to keep it a secret.

Bottom line: These symptoms are not HIV related.

In health, Richard

HIV Aids from Animal Sex
hiv risk if you have hpv