Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Seroconversion time from Brazil
Nov 14, 2011

Hello Richard Cordova!

I'm talking from Brazil!

I've had an exposure in march 5th (unprotected insertive anal sex) with an unknow girl, pretty dumb of myself.

14 days after I experienced extreme nausea, loss of appetite, and after 1 week more mild fever, profuse night sweat, tingling pain on my joints, stomach rumbling, and the nausea continued. After one month of that I had a lot of small red dots in my chest and back, and they are still here, but a lot less.

Now, 8 months after, I still wake up with numbness on my feet, and hands, and all day I've been suffering with dry mouth and muscles twitchs all over the body. The nausea and stomach rumbling are present too.

Because of those symptoms, I tested with 4th generation:

45 days 60 days 75 days 90 days 102 days 120 days 6 months 7 months 8 months (I did 4th gen and a Viral Load RNA 'undetectable, < 40')

All Negative

But what about the history of the symptoms? I can't relax myself!

PLEASE DOC, YOUR RESPONSE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!

Greetings from Brazil!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Greetings from Chicago! Yes, the episode of unprotected insertive anal intercourse was a risk. That being said, your HIV test at 90 days was conclusive. No more testing is needed at this time.

In health, Richard

Previous
Condom split while anal, please advice...
Next
HIV Aids from Animal Sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.