Condom split while anal, please advice...

I have been seeing this guy for less than a month, on the first week we had protected anal sex 3 times (where I was bottom)but the 4th time the condom split, we did not realise it had till he ejaculated in me and saw the totally split condom later.

The very next day we got tested using OraQuick finger prick test, both him and I tested negative, meaning there is no risk involved. A blood sample was also taken from me to check my Hep B levels as well as a further HIV Duo test (i think it was for duo when she said for detailed test). However my partner is totally afraid of needles and he did not have blood taken for the Duo test.

I am still speaking to him and seeing him and had protected sex since then, but in the back of my mind I am totally wrecked and scared if i have put my self in risk oh HIV. the last time I had protected sex with someone else was about 8 months ago. So my negative result is conclusive.

He told me that the last time he had protected sex before me was a few months back with another guy, but it was all proptected, and he confirmed that it was more than 3 months ago...

Since the Oraquick test is only an antibody test, I would like some advice whether its accuracy is reliable even if he was HIV positive? Since his result is negative, will this be an accurate result? Should I get tested again in few months? Should i be worried????

My mind is full of doubts and worry, and questions with 'what ifs...'

Please share your thoughts...

Look forward to heairng from you Jamie

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, Jamie:

Thanks for writing in. If neither of you have had any unprotected penetrative sex in the past three months (and are not IV drug users, sharing needles), then it's unlikely that either of you had acquired an infection in the window period. That being said, if you are still concerned, you could go in for another rapid test at 90 days from the time the condom broke.

Keep up the condom use!

In health, Richard

Treatment of Syphilis?
Seroconversion time from Brazil