Hiv and self

The first time, someone gets infected with hiv, it will have flu like illness, and get on the infection stage. right?

But because the virus is mutant, we never develop a antibody that protect all others new virus that are formed right?

But then, if mutations happen, all the time, why is it, that the person, does not get everyday infection symptoms? like its the first infection? because if its a "new virus there is no antibody" and new infection takes place right?

Sorry my ignorance, but that makes me think...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in.

Answer 1: Not everyone who becomes infected experiences the flu-like symptoms.

Answer 2: The human body is unable to clear the virus from it's system. Even if the virus did not mutate, our immune systems would not be able to clear the infection.

Answer 3: Mutations come into play when we talk about the effectiveness of HIV medications. Mutated viruses become resistant to certain medications, leaving the person unable to take that medication. It has nothing to do with how the virus affects the body.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

HIV first test was positive and second was intermidiate
Oral with HIV+ person