Him HIV+ Me HSV2+

He and I want to be together sexually but how can we keep each other safe (other than condoms)? I don't want to make him sicker and I want to be safe as well. Will taking HSV meds daily help reduce the risk of him catching HSV from me? What about kissing? Im not afraid to kiss him, while being cautious, but can he safely kiss me? Ive never had sores on or in my mouth; just on my vaginal region 3-4 times a year and very minimal at that?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. Yes, taking HSV medication daily will help reduce the likelihood of spreading the HSV. Be sure to avoid sexual contact when you are experiencing an outbreak and continue to use condoms for penetrative sex.

In regards to kissing, over 40% of the American public has oral herpes, aka cold sores. It's likely that he has been in contact with oral herpes long before he ever met you, so I would not be concerned. Kiss to your hearts content.

Best of luck to both of you.

In health, Richard p.s. Be sure to check out our section on Mixed-HIV Status Couples for more information on magnetic (+/-) couples.

ORAL SEX WITH A ESCORT
Mononucleosis