hiv test after blood donate

My case is rather interesting I guess, so please give me short advise if possible. I had a sexual relationship with my girlfriend and as I belived it is serious and girl was protected we did not use condom. I am contracted seaman and went to see for two month and then back to shore. I am also blood donate and gave my blood after the contract. Then I became to know that "my" girl had another partners before. After this I went to donate blood center and informed them that my blod which was given is not 100% sure as I did not know that my girl had another sexsual partners. In response I got the message that my blood was screened for any sexual illness by antibody and PCR tests and all wnt negative and also 8 weeks period is enough if we talk about test used (RNA PCR and antibody).Is it so? I HEARD THAT 12 WEEKS PERIOD IS NEEDED TO START TEST. Kindly advise. Chris

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, Chris:

12 weeks is needed to test for anti-bodies not a PCR DNA test. PCR DNA tests look for the actual virus and you do not need to wait 12 weeks for an accurate PCR DNA test result. The eight weeks would have been sufficient.

In health, Richard

Broken Condom
Skin under the nail???