Broken Condom

Thanks a lot for having a look on my problem.

I never thought I would need to learn a lot on HIV & AIDS. 2 days back I had sex and as usual I am not sure whether she is positive or not.

1. Condom got broken, but not sure where exactly because I was nervous as it's for the first time. But I am sure it's not near the tip. I do not have any broken skin/scratches. What might be the possibilities? As you know everyone has sensitive skin(reddish) in the tip. Is there any possibility that virus can get inside from that tip? I must say I didn't cum and neither she. I just gave up as I felt it's risky but I was little lat:(

2.I had oral sex without condom. I believe since skin was not broken anywhere, I am not infected even she has scratches in her mouth

I am really worried, I don't think I could afford treatment for a long time if it's expensive. Please share your thoughts and opinions. Thanks again

-Manu

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

If the condom broke during penetrative sex, then there is certainly a chance for infection. The virus can enter through the urethra, or "tip" of the penis. I would not be too concerned about the oral sex.

Since the condom broke, I would suggest a rapid HIV test at the 90 day mark. If you can't wait, you may do an initial test at 25 days followed for a conclusive test at the 90 day mark.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

Transmission Through Mucous Membranes
hiv test after blood donate