Transmission Through Mucous Membranes

Hi Doctor, I have been crusing arounf your site for some time and I am still confused. You say that HIV risk from an enviromental surface is essnetially non existant. Then when it comes to snorting cocaine with a shared bill, you say the risk is theoretical. I know Hep C is said to be transfered this way but HIV is not and there is no doucmented risks. I was a little thrown back and put into a worry by reading the posts. My issues is I was at a bachelor party and getting a lap dance in the can (gross I know). There was no sexual contact so I am okay with that but the stripper did pull out a bit of blow and I stupidly did a line with her sharing the same bill. I dont feel I need to get tested for HIV but I will get a test for HIV at my normal physical. I had snorted about 6 lines before that using my own bill before the coke must have made me do something stupid. I know the lecture on cocaine from your other posts so you dont have to lecture me, I think I have learned my lesson. SO the questions I guess is this, you say it can not be transmitted on enviromental surfaces but you reccomend testing for snorting. Thanks for your repsonse and kindness

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. The only way this could even be a risk, would be if the stripper jammed the dollar bill into her nose so hard, that she broke the skin and caused the dollar bill to get fresh blood on it. You would have had to IMMEDIATELY taken that same bill and then jammed it into your nose so hard that you broke the surface of the skin. Even then, the risk would be low.

No testing is needed for this incident. You can wait until your physical.

In health, Richard

DESPERATE for an answer please answer!
Broken Condom