sperm and HIV
Nov 7, 2011
My job used to be in HIV prevention (prior to 2009) and at that time I taught that semen transmitted HIV but not the sperm itself. I also know you can successufly use sperm washing for insemination. Just today I saw that in 2009 there was a study that said sperm actually can carry HIV, not just semen. Is this junk science or is it the truth?
Response from Mr. Cordova
You are correct. HIV is transmitted in the seminal fluid NOT the actual sperm. Sounds like a bunch of HOGWASH to me!
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge Sign Of Seroconversion
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.