Nov 7, 2011
I am concerned for my son who recently recovered from a case of dengue fever and has now tested positive for HIV, despite living a healthy, drug free, heterosexual lifestyle. Can dengue fever cause a false positive for HIV?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. It is possible that the Dengue fever could have cause a false-positive on a rapid test. I would follow up with a Western Blot to be certain.
In health, Richard
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- How Can Chlamydia Effect A Person's Everyday Life?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.