Skipped one dose of atripla while on PEP

Hi there,

I live in a country where AIDS is a problem. I was robbed 3 weeks ago while in my car. The individual grabbed my gold chain off my neck and in the process poked me in the eye and scratched my neck. The scratches were not bad, superficial with a little blood.

I got paranoid about getting infected with HIV so I went to my doctor the next day who assured me the risks were extremley low but he could tell this was going to stick in my mind. He suggested that if I wanted a piece of mind i could go on Atripla for PEP.

I had been taking in for 20 days straight wth no interuptions but came home drunk frm a friends house party and I think I either missed a dose altogether or puked it out before sleeping.

I did not want to take it the following morning in case i did end up taking it (i can't remember).

Plase advise on how serious this is?

Regards,

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You have nothing to worry about. See below...

A. The blood on your neck was from where YOU were scratched. It was your blood, not theirs. There was no risk because there was no way you would have been exposed to HIV in this situtation.

B. Atripla remains in the blood stream for a very long time. Skipping one dose would not affect the levels of the drug in your system too much. This however, is irrelevant since from the situation you describe you were not exposed to the virus.

In health, Richard

Oral sex
Anal Sex