Doctor, how big was my risk, im i infected?

Hello Doctor, I Just want to ask you a short question. It happened that like 2 weeks ago I had two "risky" encounters. I had protected sex but it was my first time with strangers so i have got a little bit hypochondriac.

The first encounter consisted of me recevieng oral sex of him, without me cumming, then i made oral sex to him for nearly a minute and he didnt even cum or precum, nothing. this oral sex was without any barrier. After that i did him some rimming (ass licking) without barrier, and finally i fucked him (Me being the top, inserting) using a condom that didn't broke. The fuck lasted a minute and a half for much. Everything fine.

The second guy also gave me oral sex, but i didnt gave him. Instead i also did unprotected rimming to him. The oral sex was unprotected.After that we did an "Stimulation game" that consisted on passing the head of my cock in the outside of his anus (Not penetration at all), just my head on the outside of his asshole, stimulating. Finally y fucked him using a condom for a time of like 5 minutes for long.The condom also didnt broke this time. Everything allright.

Theorically it was safe sex, but as they were people with seropositive status i dont know i really want to know how high was my risk cuz i've been worried for these two weeks. Also if you can can you tell me when is reliable to make myself the HIV test just for being sure?

Thank You Doctor and God Bless You for this labour. Sorry if i bother, i've turned hypochondriac about this lately.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You're not a bother, thanks for writing in. Given the situations you have described, I would not be concerned. When used properly each and every time, using a condom for anal and vaginal sex will stop the spread of HIV (yay!) as long as the condom doesn't come off or break (which it didn't).

As for oral sex, it remains a very low risk activity. Oral sex only becomes an issue when your mouth is filled with open cuts or sores. So, unless you are experiencing advanced stages of gum disease OR got into a fistfight just prior to engaging in these activities, I would not be worried. The same goes for rimming. Unless your partner was experiencing heavy bleeding and you were experiencing open sores or cuts in your mouth, there is no risk for HIV infection. However, there is a risk for Hepatitis B. If you haven't gotten your Hepatitis A/B vaccine, I would suggest getting one. It is a serious of three shots over the course of a year, and can be easily administered by your doctor.

You may test at 25 days to get a fairly accurate result, as most people will produce enough anti-bodies within that time to get an accurate test result. However, for a conclusive answer, you will have to wait till the 90 day mark.

In my opinion, nothing you have described warrants testing. I think you could wait until your regularly scheduled test.

I hope this helps.

In health, Richard

HIV transmission from the gym
Oral sex