touched old semen

My roommate received oral sex from this girl and she decided to spit his semen in the bathroom sink. It sat there for a day or so hoping my roommate would clean it up. He never did so I was cleaning the apartment and without thinking cleaned the sink that his semen was in. My hands were unprotected and I had a small wound on my thumb. If my roommate had HIV would there be a chance I could of contracted it from cleaning the sink with no gloves? I know HIV dies as soon as the semen dries. But I tend to worry about stupid things like this

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. The virus starts to die the moment it leaves the human body. Within a minutes time, environmental factors such as air, heat, and light render the virus unable to infect someone (thankfully).

Bottom line (as Dr. Bob would say): No Risk. Zero! Zip! Nada! Bupkis!

In health, Richard

Scratch by dog
HIV transmission from the gym